Live Show: 9/21/96
Reviewed by: Marty Cosgrove
There are also some snippets here from Colleen Campbell's post... Apparently,
she drove all the way from Florida to see this show. :-) A true fan!!
Moxy appeared at Wilbert's in Cleveland, OH. The opening band, The Haynes
Boys, went on around 10:00PM. Moxy took the stage around 11:30PM.
Sound Check (not a complete list)
- Peace of Mind
- You Will Go to the Moon
- Boo Time
- Video Bargainville
- Incredible Medicine Show
- You Will Go To The Moon (Orbiting Rondelle)
- The Kids' Song
- While Mike searched for a box of stuff, the boys sang 'Then I Go and Spoil
it all by saying something stupid like I Love You' (unsure of title)
- Ash Hash
- My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors
- Stuck in the 90's
- River Valley
- Right-Wing Shit
- (Your new boyfriend's a bit of a right-wing shit)
- Present Tense Tureen
- Johnny Saucep'n
- which mentions, as Mike tells us, "The young child Crawfish Claus,
son of Santa and Mrs. Claus"
- No, No Raja
- Murray: You're getting a lot of the new stuff, is that alright?
Cause we can just keep playing BJ all night, you know.
- Jockey Full of Bourbon (Hey Little Bird)
- King of Spain
- Just before the song, Jian and Murray were making fun of the giant
"FREE" stamp located in the middle of downtown Cleveland. The joke
progressed into them revealing that Dave had indeed been stamped.
Mike made a comment that he was no longer "FREE" and Jian ended it
by calling him a "$20 Ass-F***".
- "My People Say:", "King, How are you such a genius?", "There's
a brand on your ass!", "Help me?"
- "Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you the Cleveland Indians!"
- I Love My Boss
- "But who knows what Wilbert's will be bringing..."
- Darlington Darling
- "Ladies and Gentlemen, on accordion tonight, star of the new movie
'Feeling Minnesota'...Keanu Reeves!"
- Green Eggs & Ham (full)
- Done in full costume
- Mike dragged some kid on stage before this tune started, and threatened
the audience with "If you shoot me, you'll hit the kid!!"
- Jian: Not the Beatles! There are three things that are sacred in
this world. 1) The Beatles 2) Agent Scully and 3) (Audience Member: Chewbacca!)
Jian: No, not Chewbacca! Would you quit it with fucking Chewbacca! and 3)
The King himself: Elvis...Costello.
- Drinking Song
- Wish I could have been there for this one (this is me, Chris, talking now)
since it sounds like it was amazing!!
- Jian held the mike out to the audience for a part of the chorus and the
look on his face was unforgetable.
Some other tidbits from the performance include:
- Jian kept telling the sound guy to turn down Murray's mic. The sound
guy couldn't tell if Jian was joking around or not. Jian said that
the sound guy is new and can't tell when they're joking.
- Mike kept insisting that the kitchen of the bar had a large "vat
- Fans came from Florida, NY, Canada, and Michigan, to name a few, to
see this show.
- Jian said to "make sure you all kiss Marcus on the way out...he's
had his vitamins!"
- Feel free to help contribute to this section!
Back to the main tour dates page