Live Show: 10/23/96
New York, NY
Reviewed by: Bill Bowen
The second night of the Mercury lounge... The set is identical to the
previous day's, with the following additions:
- Boo Time
- Gord's Gold (could this be the first time they've done this live?)
- Organ Grinder
- Walk on the Wild Side Medley
- The Drinking Song
- Gulf War Song
- Green Eggs and Ham (full version w/ costumes)
Some other tidbits from the performance include:
- Dave and Mike showed how reggae songs can be made to sound better with the
banjo. A reggae song was played as an example.
- Jian took one fan's (Lisa) camera from her in the front row and took
pictures of the audience while the band and the whole crowd sang "Kodachrome".
- Murray says the band has an American label for their next album, "Audience
of One", which will be released all over North America next spring. They've
been playing 8 of the approximate 14 songs they're putting on the album.
- They'll kick off their tour next spring at the Long Island Folk Festival.
- Feel free to contribute to this section!
Back to the main tour dates page