Live Show: 10/26/96
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed by: Chris O'Malley
Moxy appeared at the Metro Days of Action on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.
The Days of Action was a Canadian protest culminating in a 300,000+ person
march ending at Queen's Park in Toronto, where many bands performed (including
Billy Bragg, Bruce Cockburn, and Punjabi by Nature).
I attended this gathering and the only word to describe it is: INSANE! (I don't
mean this in the pajorative sense). There were literally 300,000 people there. I got there
with my friend and co-worker Pat, around 12 noon, so we were able to get right
up to the stage, where bands were performing, and people were giving speeches, talking
out against Mike Harris and the right-wing government. By the time it hit 4:30pm, my
legs were ready to fall off, and Moxy finally came up to perform a short set.
It was worth it...
Click the description to get the pic:
(These pictures aren't the greatest)
- Jian, looking out at the crowd: Hey look, guys, an inconsequential
gathering of special interest groups. NOT! The only inconsequential special
interesting group is the one meeting at the Metro Convention Centre right now.
(Jian is referring to the Mike Harris Policy Convention, being held that
- I Love My Boss
- The first chord (on the word 'loss') admittedly was pretty bad. :-) Sorry guys.
- "I love him, there wasn't a gun."
- "Who knows what Ontario will be bringing?"
- "Examples: Bosses thru the ages prove, they're the ones who make
it move. Public Transit won't go far, if Palladini akes his car.
Protection for the corporate thieves, with the help of Ernie Eaves. And
now for what we must convey, now we kind of miss Bob Rae".
- Blow, Wind, Blow (lyrics available)
- Murray introduces the next song as being written 24 hours ago, and having
only heard it that morning. Murray: Take it away, MC Mike.
- Mike talks about how the goverment keeps asking for more and more.
- Today's the Day that We Fight Back (lyrics available)
- Right Wing Shit
- Jian introduced this song as being about when you lose your girlfriend, and
then you see her with a new guy, a right wing shit.
- Love Potion #9 medley - included:
- Jian started this song by saying: There hasn't been a lot of boogeying, time
to start boogeying.
- Stayin' Alive
- Dave plays Jungle Boogie riff on the guitar
- One of Us (Osborne)
- Salvation, for a pint of Guiness, it's free.
- Alanis tid-bit
Some other little tidbits from the performance include:
- Contributions more than welcome here!! :)
Back to the main tour dates page